INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
DIAGRAM OF THE APPLIANCE (Fig. 1)
B. Safety lock (if provided).
D. Separator (if provided).
E. Defrost water drain plug.
F. Control panel.
G. Side motor cooling grille.
DIAGRAM OF THE CONTROL PANEL (Fig. 2)
1. Digital temperature display: indicates the
temperature inside the freezer (fixed display) or the
set temperature (blinking display).
2. Decrease temperature button: this button lowers
3. Increase temperature button: this button raises the
4. "Extra load" button: activates/deactivates the large
5. "Extra load" LED (yellow): indicates, when lit, that
the large load function has been selected.
6. "Green Intelligence" LED (blue): indicates, when lit,
that the “Green Intelligence” function is active (see
paragraph “Green Intelligence function”).
7. Alarm reset button: stops the acoustic alarm and
the power failure alarm LED (see paragraph "Alarms").
8. Alarm LED (red): blinks when an alarm condition
occurs (see paragraph "Alarms").
BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE
Your new appliance is designed to be used in the
household and similar applications such as:
- kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working
- farm houses
- by clients in hotels, motels, residences, bed &
The product must only be used to store frozen food, to
freeze fresh food and to make ice.
Regulations require the appliance to be earthed.
The manufacturer declines all liability for injury to
persons or animals and for damage to property
resulting from failure to observe the above
procedures and reminders.
1. After unpacking, make sure that the appliance is
undamaged and that the door closes perfectly, with the
gasket remaining intact. Any damage must be reported
to your retailer within 24 hours after delivery of the
2. Wait at least two hours before switching the appliance
on in order to ensure the refrigerant circuit is fully
3. Installation and electrical connection must be carried
out by a qualified technician, according to the
manufacturer's instructions and local safety regulations.
4. Clean the inside of the appliance before using it.
• Before connecting the appliance to the mains supply,
ensure that the voltage corresponds to that given on
the rating plate located on the rear of the appliance.
• Electrical connections must be made in
accordance with local regulations.
• Unpack the appliance.
• Remove the 4 spacers inserted between the door
and the appliance. (Fig 3)
• Make sure the defrost water drain plug (if provided) is
correctly positioned (E).
• For optimum appliance operation and to avoid damage
when the door is opened, leave a space of at least 7 cm
from the rear wall and 7 cm at the sides. (Fig 4)
• Fit the accessories (if provided).
SWITCHING ON THE APPLIANCE
• Plug in the appliance.
• When the appliance is warm (internal temperature
above 0°C), two dashes appear on the digital display
• The red alarm LED (8) blinks and the acoustic alarm
• The "Green Intelligence" LED (6) is on.
• Press the reset button (7) to deactivate the acoustic
• The acoustic alarm stops while the red alarm LED
continues to blink.
• When the appliance reaches a temperature of at least -
12°C the red LED (8) stops blinking.
• Food can now be placed inside the freezer.
• The "Green Intelligence" LED (6) will remain lit until
the temperature set on the display is reached.
NOTE: Thanks to the efficient lid seal, the appliance lid
will not re-open easily immediately after closing. It is
necessary to wait a few minutes.
The appliance is normally factory-set for operation at the
recommended temperature of -18°C. The internal
temperature setting can be adjusted between -17°C and -
24°C or set to ECONOMY mode (see paragraph “ECO
function”). Proceed as follows:
• Press one of the two temperature adjustment buttons
(2; 3) once.
• The digital display (I) will blink, showing the previous
• Press the button (3) several times as required for a
warmer temperature setting. The value changes by 1°C
with each press of the button. During this process, the
value shown on the digital display blinks.
• Press button (2) several times as required to lower the
temperature. The value changes by 1°C with each press
of the button. During this process, the value shown on
the digital display blinks.
• About 5 seconds after the button has been pressed for
the last time, the set temperature is stored, the digital
display (1) stops blinking and shows the internal